Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tomorrow I have money yeeeheeee (I hope) - 5th May 2009

A last shot was given to the ATM issue, so we headed out to find a HSBC which is not linked to the main company ATH and hopefully be able to get some money out.

When we got there the ATM was out of service, figures eh! And that was after walking a few miles!!!!

Anyways like the past few days it was straight back to the apartment unfortunately. Although I want to get this issue sorted as we have several expenses that need to be paid for before the wedding eg. A wedding dress for my gatita, a hotel booking for her parents, payment of the no impediment certificate and a few other things.

I called Darren at his mum’s house just to check if he had received my email concerning the favour needed (Western Union) and as it turns out he was heading to my mums house. I called home and spoke to my dad/mum & Darren and agreed got my mum’s credit card details so I could transfer money over to her. Luckily this went smoothly so now I know that my mum will not go out of pocket when she hands the money to Darren which he will send over to me tomorrow through Western Union.

I have written an urgent email to ATH the company in charge of ATM cash machines in Colombia but they haven’t gotten back to me yet.

Yes I know its food again. I prepared 8 beef spare ribs in different sauces: garlic/salt, honey, pepper/salt and plain. That was accompanied by Chinese special fried rice with the works. We are poor right now as you know but the fridge is well stocked for the moment. The rice included chopped carrots, onions, peas, chicken, beef, ham, pork, one egg and a few pieces of chorizo (why not) as a replacement for shrimps (the only missing ingredient not in the fridge). Although I added some fish stock to give simulate the shrimp flavour.

My gatita gave me 20 out of 10 (she loves rice) Like all Colombians I might add.

I send a few emails just to finish off the day. One of which concerns a competition in Holland in October (electronic darts). That will be good as I am hoping to do well in that competition.

Tuesdays is a good night to stay in anyways as there are good movies at around 11pm and a few TV series which are very good too. Currently I have been watching a new series called Fringe which I enjoy and throughout the week I have spotted others which are worth watching such as The Mentalist & Eleventh Hour.

No comments:

Followers

See below a simple counter of the people viewing my blog