Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Still no dough - 4th May 2009

I finally got through to Barclays and explained my credit card problems. I was told that the card has not been blocked and everything was in order.

With this in mind we head out to try again. High hopes lasted 10 minutes as it failed again. So we headed back to the apartment.

All cash machines here regardless of the bank are affiliated to a company called ATH which stands for “A Toda Hora” (at every hour). It’s late in the evening but I send them an email explaining my situation and I the errors I am getting with the ATM receipts. Let’s see what they say.

I have no alternative but to get a friend involved, Darren in Gib. I send him an email which I am sure he is aware by means of the blog and I explain if he could visit my mum so that he gets the bank details so I can use my online banking to transfer money over to my mum and then she will take out the money and give to Darren so that he can send it over using Giro (Western Union).

It’s all rather boring but I am sure it will get sorted. Anyways something interesting I have noticed. Did you know that most liquid drinkable products are sold in plastic bags and not carton or hard plastic containers? Although there is bottled stuff mostly it’s cheaper to sell things in plastic bags and its mostly better for recycling.

1 comment:

Daz said...

Mission accompished, check yr email

Followers

See below a simple counter of the people viewing my blog