Thursday, May 7, 2009

Money, money, money – 6th May 2009

Finally we have money (Thanks to my parents & Darren) all we have to do is head out to go get it at a Western Union.

It’s raining cats and dogs (just like in Gibraltar) but that won’t stop necessity.

We confront the rain and head out for lunch first as its just a few steps from a Western Union.

Had a good meal whilst watching Barcelona v Chelsea. What a goal by Chelsea eh to get Barca in gear!!!

Anyways I decide we should cash the money and send the long awaited DHL. They tell me that the couriered documents will cost 128,500 pesos which is not cheap by any means but it should arrive early enough for the Treasurer to get things paid back in Gib before they depart for the Med Cup.

We decide to go back home to drop off some of the money in the safe and I use the opportunity of being in the apartment to that to watch the football EUFA Champions League semi-finals. What a comeback and shocking disappointment for Chelsea eh!!! In extra time. Reminded me of how Manchester United has won games in the past actually. It’s not over until it’s over as they say. It is the final that every support of both teams wanted and for TV audiences it’s the best final they could have ever hoped for in terms of viewing figures.

After the match we can go shopping again and I brave the chance of using my credit card and guess what, finally, a bit of luck and it goes through. It appears it’s only the ATM’s then that have my card blocked so everyday I am more certain it’s the company ATH which has done so, for some security reason. They haven’t gotten back to me as of yet!!!! My gatita prepared dinner today, a scrumptious lasagne and left over Chinese rice from yesterday. This time around we were able to top it up with some shrimps bought today.

After that I spoke to the Treasurer on MSN and read the recent article of the College Open which took place recently and was prepared by the secretary in my absence. I need to send an email to the secretary concerning the format of competitions. For a College Open a best of 11 final is simply too much. I agree that the way we have structured things this year will ensure the strongest team possible to represent Gibraltar but a best of 11 is excessive in my opinion. Most international competitions are between best of 5 & 7 throughout so we should be practising as we play, in my opinion of course.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with you re:format, but we asked everyone what they wanted before the comp and they all said 5,7,9,11. Democracy rulez

Followers

See below a simple counter of the people viewing my blog