Monday, May 11, 2009

DHL crap - 9th May 2009

We went out for lunch today and its apparent that Colombia is not taking any chances with the Influenza virus. Even though there has only been one confirmed case, all restaurant staff or fast food outlets are taking precautions and are using gloves / masks which does make you feel safer.

Seeing I CAN use my credit card at shops as it doesn’t seem to be affiliated with the company ATH which is the one blocking my card at cash machines, we buy a few things for my gatita for the wedding and we are now all clear except the shoes.

After this, we headed back home and I finished off a recent article for the GDA concerning a competition played recently (College Cosmos Tournament). I also digitally added the Kronenbourg logo to the picture of the semi-finalists which is a good thing for the sponsor to see.

A second email was circulated to the press concerning the Med Cup team which will be heading for Italy in a few days time.

I've checked the courier letter I forwarded to the bank using DHL and it’s making so many unwarranted trips that it's unbelievable. So far, it’s been to Panama City, Miami then Wilmington USA, East Midlands UK, then Leipzig Germany. Unbelievable eh!!! So much money paid for what should be the fastest service and they have no clue that it should have been as quick as Bogota – Spain or UK – Gibraltar.

Lastly and not one for wanting to stay in especially on a Saturday we head out to a nearby Italian restaurant.

No comments:

Followers

See below a simple counter of the people viewing my blog