Friday, May 15, 2009

1 day and they are off - 14th May 2009

Last minute details were in order today before our wedding tomorrow. We bought new socks and underwear for me, called the Notary office to check that a photographer would be available and went to get a haircut and a pedicure/manicure for my gatita. She is getting her hair and makeup done tomorrow by professional salon stylists.

I left the hairdressers before my gatita so headed out to buy a pack of cigarettes and get some more money out of the bank (seeing I now can, I better have it cash in hand eh before something goes wrong again). After that I headed back to the apartment and waited for my gatita who took over two hours.

It was the first time in months I had been separated from my gatita. Considering we have been so many years apart it did feel weird to be without her actually.

For my gatita of course we have tried to uphold the tradition for brides with “Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue and a Silver Sixpence in Her Shoe.”
Old will be her white shoes, something new is the dress, something borrowed will be given to her by her mum and something blue will be a blue handkerchief. The silver sixpence in her shoe is a bit trickier but its meant to symbolize wealth & financial security so as a substitute I will follow the Scottish tradition instead and I will place a copper coin in my left shoe (just to be sure) jejeje.

Back at the apartment we had dinner and rested for about an hour and we are finishing off everything needed for tomorrow, such as ironing, the legal documents required etc etc. After tidying up I am just about to jump into bed to watch the film Borat and just relax and dose off for the big day tomorrow.

Wish me luck!!!!!

No comments:

Followers

See below a simple counter of the people viewing my blog