Saturday, May 16, 2009

Wedding rescheduled for 19th May 2009 - 15th May 2009

What was meant to be the happiest day for my gatita has turned out to be a complete nightmare due to the incompetence of the legal advisor! Its 3am in the morning and I have suddenly woken up thinking of what just happened today and needless to say that the anger is not letting me sleep much.

After her parents had travelled for over 10 hours by coach (also both lost a day of work unpaid) and my gatita and I going through all the proper motions, it turns out the legal advisor (as she hadn’t heard from us) did nothing to process our documents. I’ll keep it that short and simple.

We had all the paperwork sorted by the 23rd April 2009 including the last document (my gatita’s birth certificate) which her grandfather got for her and mailed to the apartment, also our wedding date was paid for and reserved for today at 4:30pm way back on the 14th April 2009 and this was done by the same legal advisor.

How were we meant to know the protocol when it was her who reviewed my documents & passport, which she took and showed the notary public and when she came back informed us that everything was in order and that all that was required was her birth certificate.

When we left the notary office on the 14th April I remember telling her, “well great news we see you on the day then yes”? "We will be here at around 4pm", and she replied “yes no problem”. Would it have hurt for her to give us a quick phone call when the day was approaching to inform us that she needed to have my gatita’s birth certificate so that she could process the documents before the wedding?

As it turns out she said it was not her obligation to do so. How were we to know what the protocol was, she is the legal advisor. The funny thing was that we called her yesterday to ask about the availability of a photographer and she said nothing about the certificate. I could have saved the time and effort of my gatita getting prepared at the salon with her mum and I could have saved the wedding jitters of spending over 3 hours by myself just waiting in the apartment for the time to pass by. What incompetence! The Advisor and her attitude was so arrogant, as if marriage is something one takes lightly and of no importance also as if we are meant to know the protocol eh!

Anyways that’s about it on how it went today I am not going to explain any further as I am so disappointed. At least we have been able to fix a new date which is the same day I leave for Gibraltar. It will be tight but it gives the legal advisor enough days to process the documents.

There is a bit more I could express but I have said enough and my gatita is calling me to bed so I will leave it here and let’s hope things turn out ok in the end. A few days back I reflected on the trip and overall thought how incredibly smoothly things had gone actually. I thought too soon. As they say "it's not over till the fat lady sings eh"!!!!

Oh, we did take the wedding photos as her parents have to return home on Sunday so this means they will miss the true wedding on the 19th May 2009 but it was the only chance for us to have photos taken with her parents present. Ciao for now….

No comments:

Followers

See below a simple counter of the people viewing my blog