Thursday, May 14, 2009

At last my credit card works - 13th May 2009

Well I’ll be damned, my credit card now all of a sudden works again at ATM’s!!! Could it be the numerous phone calls I have made to my UK bank and the other set of ruthless emails sent to the Colombian ATM company called ATH. Whatever the case may be, what matters is that thy sorted it out and my card finally is working again. Of course they never admitted any problems on either side but I honestly don't care.

We had planned on going on a picnic today but I delayed it for after the wedding which is in a few days time because I get fried over here in minutes and very quickly become a human shrimp. Must be the altitude as temperatures in Bogota rarely exceed 20 degrees.

We didn’t do much today just a list of the final details for the wedding which we will take care of tomorrow.

One thing we did do was off course head out for dinner. We decided on a Thai restaurant and it turned out to be an excellent choice. We arrived late (nearly closing time) and were the only customers in the restaurant. Service impeccable as per usual in Colombia. The Chef came out to greet us once we decided what we were having and he started cooking for us practically a metre away. It was very romantic.

I called the waiter and asked for utensils as we had only been given chop sticks, the funny thing was that he came back to us with modified chop sticks. At the back they had placed a rubber band and that made our dinner very enjoyable and fun as we experimented with the chop sticks for dummies jejeje.

No comments:

Followers

See below a simple counter of the people viewing my blog