Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My student days times two - 25th April 2009

I had forgotten the times I used to be a student and I spent so much time at supermarkets. Believe you me I didn’t go without proper food as a student and I prepared good home food just like mummy taught me jejeje. The only difference was that then it we just me and now its for two. Just to prove my love for food I bought a half freezer as a student which for a single guy was slightly overboard jejeje but I needed it at the time and it only cost me £50.00 and worth every penny.

For this reason we headed to the Exito supermarket, much like the carrefoure we have in Spain (La Linea de la Concepcion). My gatita has an Exito points award card and she is building some interesting points jejeje. Hence why we try to go to that supermarket when we can.

In the evening we decided to have dinner at the cinema (hot dogs) but when we got there we were close to 2 hours early for the next screening of the film we decided to watch "Presagio" with Nicholas Cage. As we arrived so early we simply did some window shopping as the cinema is in a shopping mall and then we had a McDonalds as we were starving.

The film I can recommend, the cinema was packed and when we booked there were only 3 seats left. One thing I can recommend in Bogota is if the film start time is 9:20pm then you have no need to rush as the film will not start at least 30 minutes from that time. Expect lots of adverts.

The film started close to 10pm and finished at around midnight. On the way back we were caught up in a few traffic jams but this gave us the chance to see the nightlife and I can say that everything is so peaceful over here. No one is interested in causing havoc. This must be attributed to the overwhelming military presence and people over here simply do not want to get into trouble as the tolerance factor from the law is non negotiable. If you screw up you end up in prison full stop and that is an excellent deterrent.

No comments:

Followers

See below a simple counter of the people viewing my blog