Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cancelled Youth & WDF changes - 5th Feb 2009

After all the hype and media attention with the Youth we have been forced to cancel it today on the off chance that the tornado in Cadiz (Spain) gets to Gibraltar.

Were I live its OK but I know closer to the border things were very rough with gale force winds.

I send an email to the media so that they can publish accordingly and we advise by email and on the website that it has been rescheduled to Monday 9th Feb 6:30pm.

I also receive notice that the WDF has changed the ruling concerning the illegibility of players that are NOT WDF. A very interesting read and things appear to have changed which I must make a mental note to contact Roy Price (WDF President) and ask him how these changes affect us, in having 2 pro's who are PDPA/PDC players and who most likely will qualify this year for the World Cup, Med Cup.

If I understood the modified ruling correctly no PDC player will be allowed to play which is not what I have confirmed in an email from Roy Price many months ago. And if it has changed this ruling should be adopted AFTER the next World Cup as it has been introduced and the law changed bang in the middle of our season which is not very fare on national darts bodies around the world who were under different assumptions and worked out their rankings to reflect this.

I receive a few phone calls from Spain enquiring about the Gibraltar Open and I deal with them accordingly.

Lastly I make a purchase of a set of stems for one of our older members, it took me some time to find them and eventually I stopped looking and simply called my supplier in the UK and she kindly found them for me.

I speak with the Granada organiser and he agrees that it would be simpler if I pay him the monies owed to 3 players, so I make an online transaction and get that sorted. I confirm the totals to him by email and that the money should be with him in a few days time.

No comments:

Followers

See below a simple counter of the people viewing my blog